Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sixteen Weeks

Okay, so we're (mainly me) at sixteen weeks!  Here's what happening to baby this week!

Your baby is already mugging for the camera as she practices all sorts of facial expressions, such as squinting, yawning and grimacing, which will come in handy when you introduce her to pureed spinach. Check out what else is happening in utero:

Your baby's skin is still translucent and wrinkly, not unlike an old man's, but more fat will soon accumulate under the dermas to plump her out. If you could peer inside right now, you'd be able to see all of her veins under her skin. And speaking of veins, your baby's heart now pumps about 25 quarts of blood per day, and she hasn't even seen Orlando Bloom yet! Also, her eyes are now locked and loaded at their final destination, facing forward rather than to the sides. (Whew!)

Your baby weighs about 3 ounces this week and measures between 4 and 5 inches, about the length of your mascara. 

We find out the sex of baby Ritter on September 28th!  And my almost five year old niece Gracie asks tonight, "Aunt Kelly, when you pray and it's you praying will you pray that it's a girl? Because my daddy prayed for a boy and my mom is having a boy. So if you pray then it'll be a girl because God keeps His promises." 

Anyway here is me at sixteen weeks! I think this shirt made me look bigger than I really am...



Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. You look SO beautiful! :) Happy ONE year Anniversary YESTERDAY!!! I am SO blessed to know you - can't imagine how Luke feels hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the baby that makes you look bigger than normal- not the shirt. :P
    Also, I'll repeat Jen, Happy one year anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete