Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Five Lessons From Habakkuk

So I was going through a dresser this week and came across a letter a good friend had written me when I was moving to North Carolina. She had put together five lessons she had learned during major transition in her life and they all surround this verse:

"Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days you would not believe if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Lesson One: God has you right where He wants you.  Keep seeking after Him and He will continue guiding you through doors. God has an amazing plan for your life (Jerimiah 29:11-13).

Lesson Two: I don't need to know where He's taking me.  This is a hard lesson to learn and this is where your faith plays a huge role. God is doing something in your life, something so big that if God explained it to you, you would never believe it. So, make plans for the future but realize that God's plans often don't match our plans and are ALWAYS better than the plans we make.

Lesson Three: Take time to appreciate God's work. The beginning of this verse has four commands: Look, observe, be astonished, and wonder. So-- do it! When times are good, be amazed at the goodness of God. When times are bad, still be amazed-- you know that it's during the hard times that God is shaping you to be more like Him (James 1:2-4) You- and your life as God's child- are God's masterpiece; praise the painter.

Lesson Four: Your story has a happy ending. Don't fear the unknown God works things out for those who love Him (Romans 8:28-29). Since He works things out He will provide for you.

Lesson Five: Going home does not mean you failed. God's will is bigger than just one step He leads you to.

{Me talking now} I can read that letter over and over and the lesson never gets old. In any transition of life this rings true. I'm very blessed to have such a wise friend who helped me with this letter and I thought that these lessons should be shared with other believers out there going through transition or hard time. So I hope you are able to use these lessons and apply them to life, I know they helped me tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment